Last Updated: February 13, 2024
If you are a California resident, see Section 7 for information provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, including how to request that we not “sell” or “share” your personal information by clicking “Your Privacy Choices” on our Website.
If you are a Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, Utah, or Nevada resident, see Section 8 for information on your privacy rights.
We collect information from and about you.
We collect information from and about you. TBC Corporation (its subsidiaries, franchisees of TBC’s subsidiaries, and the vendors and other parties that perform services on your behalf or TBC uses to perform services on our behalf, collectively “we” or “our”) collect, receive, and develop several categories of personal information about you depending on the nature of your interactions with us, including:
- Identifiers and contact information. For example, we might collect your name, phone number, email address and social media handle. If you visit our physical locations for goods or services, we may collect your government issued identification, such as your driver’s license, and other information from your government issued identification documents. We may also collect account usernames and password information if you create an account on our Website or make an appointment.
- Vehicle information. For example, if you are visiting an automotive service center in person or by Website or request service for your car, we may collect information about your car, like the VIN number, year, make, model, mileage, condition, and any additional information about your vehicle that may be relevant to your service.
- Information you submit or post. For example, we collect the information that you provide when you contact us, complete surveys, make posts, respond to emails, communication sent through a chat functionality on the Website, if any, and the information you provide when you register with us.
- Demographic information. We may collect information like your gender and age. We may also collect your zip code.
- Device, internet, and network activity information. If you use our Website, we may collect information about the browser you are using and your IP address. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We (and other parties we work with) may collect page interaction information and other electronic communication and content from your use of the Website (such as content entry, mouse movements, screen captures, what areas of the website you visit and for how long, what search terms or other data you enter, and what products or content or links you view and click on), and methods used to browse away from the page. We may also collect information about how you interact with the emails and other communications we or our vendors send to you, such as whether and when you opened a message or clicked on any content within the message. We might also collect device identifiers.
- Location information. This may include your precise location. We may collect this using different types of technologies, including GPS and Wi-Fi.
- Commercial and preference information. We collect information about your purchase history from our service and franchise repair centers, distribution branches, and/or online orders through the Company’s B2B Website, and transactions and your preferences when using our products and services. We also collect product reviews and comments that you post on our Website and your responses to surveys you complete. We may also collect information about the items stored at our facilities.
- Payment information. Our franchisees may collect your credit card and other payment card details in a tokenized format and bank account information if you make a purchase or apply for a credit line.
- Employment and education-related information. When you apply for a job, we collect information you submit as part of your application and resume. This might include your work experience and previous employment, your education, the URL to your personal or professional websites, your workplace skill sets and certifications, whether you need a visa to work in the United States, and/or salary expectations. If you apply for a job, you may choose to also provide voluntarily any of the following information: ethnicity, gender, disability status, and/or veteran status. We may also conduct employment verification to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Audio/Visual information. For example, when you visit our distribution centers or franchisee locations, we may capture or collect photographs and record audio and video (including using CCTV cameras and other technologies). We may also record audio during customer service calls.
- Sensitive Personal Information. We may collect sensitive personal information. For example, we may collect information that you submit such as driver’s license data, or information that reveals citizenship status, race, ethnicity, religion, or trade union status. We may also collect your precise geolocation.
- We collect and develop inferences. Using the other pieces of personal information collected about you, we draw inferences about you, reflecting what we believe to be your preferences, characteristics, predispositions, and attitudes.
2. We use information as described here.
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, we may use information to ensure appointments are kept and products ordered are available.
- We use information to provide services and fulfill orders. We may use information to process transactions and fulfill orders or warranties.
- We use information to provide support and to respond to your requests or questions. For example, we might use your information to communicate with you about your appointment. We may use your information to notify you if you win a sweepstakes, or if you make a purchase. We also may use information collected offline to notify you (or have the manufacturer notify you) of any safety or parts recalls.
- We use information to test, analyze, develop, and improve our products and services. We may use your information to make our Website, services, and products better. We might use your information to customize your experience with us and to conduct research and analysis.
- We use information for security, safety, and due diligence purposes. We may use your information to protect our company, customers and our business partners and their respective personnel. We also use information to protect our Websites and our services, as well as to detect and investigate activities that may be illegal or prohibited (such as cyberattacks or fraudulent transactions). We may also use information to conduct background, employment, and credit checks and to assess financial, reputational, credit, and other risks arising from any relationship or prospective relationship with you. We may also use information for due diligence in connection with corporate transactions. We may also use information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, brands, and/or business units, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred.
- We use information for marketing purposes. For example, we might provide you with information about products, services, and special offers. We might also use your information to serve you ads about products, services and offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. If you register with us, we may send you our email newsletter. To learn about your choices for these communications, read Section 5
- We use information to comply with our obligations, administer our website and services and for internal operations. For example, we use information to administer the Website, such as troubleshooting, data analysis, and testing. We also use information to notify you (or have the manufacturer notify you) of any safety concerns or recalls relating to automobile products or services.
- We use information for hiring purposes. For example, we may use information to review your job applications and contact you about employment opportunities.
We use information as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you from time to time.
3. We collect information in different ways.
We and our vendors collect information about you from various sources, directly and indirectly, including from the following sources:
- Directly from you. For example, if you register with us, sign up for our emails, or enter a promotion. We also collect information if you make a purchase, submit a rebate form, review, or otherwise contact us.
- From your devices. We use tracking tools like browser cookies, web beacons, pixels, tags, and other technologies. We do this on our Websites, services, ads, and in emails that we or our vendors send to you. We collect information about users over time when you use this Website. We may also collect and record page interaction information and others electronic communications and content from your use of our Website, services, emails, and other communications we or our vendors send to you. We may also embed technologies (which may include web beacons, tags, and pixels) in the emails and other communications we or our vendors send to you to help us understand how you interact with those messages, such as whether and when you opened a message or clicked on any content within the message. We may have third parties that collect personal information in these ways.
- From vendors we hire to work on our behalf. For example, vendors that host or maintain our Website and send promotional emails for us may give us information. Our employment and recruiting vendors may also give us information. Our marketing agencies, advertising technology vendors, and analytics providers may also provide us with information.
- From others. Other parties may give us personal information about you. These other parties might also include business and marketing partners and social media platforms that give us information they have collected either directly or indirectly from you. We may also receive information from a job network or social network if you choose to import your information from those platforms when applying for a job with us. We may also receive personal information from your employer, credit check databases, and record verification providers. We may also purchase information from data providers.
- We combine information. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. Or we may combine information we get from another party with information we already have. We may also aggregate your information with other consumers’ information to understand preferences and trends over time. To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided. For example, we use information to ensure appointments are kept and products ordered are available.
4. We may share information with third parties.
- We will share information within the TBC Corporation family of companies. This includes our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- We will share information with vendors and other parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, we will disclose information with vendors who send emails for us. We may also share information with companies that operate our Websites or run a promotion or fulfill a rebate on our behalf. We may also disclose information to our vendors to help fulfill purchases, provide advertising or marketing services, customer support services, analytics and search engine support, hosting and website maintenance services, track advertising impressions, investigate and prevent data incidents, audit our business and financial statements, vet job applicants, and provide legal advice. We may also disclose information to others whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose such data in connection with products or services we provide to you. For example, if you purchased a tire road hazard policy, we send your information to another party that administers that program.
- We will share information with our franchisees, business partners and other parties for their marketing purposes. These parties may include our retail partners, co-sponsors, social media platforms, advertising networks, and ad tech companies. They may also include other parties in whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These parties may also disclose your information to others. These parties may use the information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising. These parties may also send you information about events or products by mail or email.
- We will share information if we think we must in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves, our customers or others. For example, we will disclose information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may disclose it if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might disclose your personal information to enforce our agreements and to protect the rights of others. We might disclose information when we are investigating potential fraud. This might include fraud we think has happened during a sweepstakes or promotion. Or we may disclose your information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- We may share information with any successor to all or part of our business. For example, if part of our business was sold, we may give our customer list as part of that transaction. We may also disclose your personal information if there is a similar change to our corporate structure. We may also disclose your information to others as they conduct diligence of our corporate changes.
We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you or as permitted or required by law.
5. You have certain choices about how we use your information.
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow the instructions in any promotional message you get from us. You can also “reply” back to the e-mail message and type “unsubscribe” in the subject field. Users with more than one email address should include all email addresses they wish to unsubscribe in any unsubscribe request. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions.
- You can control if we share your information with third parties for their marketing purposes. To opt out of having us share your information with third parties for their marketing purposes, you can call us toll-free at 1-866-292-0975 or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send your request by mail to us at TBC Corporation, Attn: Legal Privacy and Compliance, 4260 Design Center Drive, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410. Please include sufficient detail for us to respond to your request (ex. mailing address, store visited, email address).
6. These sites are not intended for children.
7. Your California Privacy Rights.
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have disclosed your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please call us or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate that you are a California resident making a “Shine the Light” inquiry.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
I. Personal Information We Collect
The chart below contains the categories of personal information we generally collect about consumers within the last twelve (12) months, along with examples of data we may collect. Some personal information included in a category may overlap with other categories. See Section 1 for additional details.
|A name, street address, including city, state and zip code, telephone number, Internet Protocol address (IP address), email address, account name, vehicle information such as VIN number, year, make, model, mileage, and condition.
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
|A name, signature, credit card number, debit card number, or other financial information, insurance policy number, physical characteristics, and identification card numbers. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
|Age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), pregnancy or childbirth history and related medical conditions, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
|D. Commercial information.
|Records of vehicles, tires, and other personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies including your preferences when using our products and services.
|E. Internet or other similar network activity.
|Browsing history, search history, device identifiers, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement. Information about the website you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. Page interaction information and other electronic communication and content from your use of the Website (such as content entry, mouse movements, screen captures, what areas of the Website you visit and for how long, and what products or content or links you view and click on), and methods used to browse away from the page. Information about how you interact with the emails and other communications we or our vendors send to you, such as whether and when you opened a message or clicked on any content within the message.
|F. Geolocation data.
|Physical location data such as zip code, postal code, or IP address. Travel-related data about your vehicle, and movement data.
|G. Audio/Visual data.
|Audio (e.g., recordings of customer service calls) and visual (e.g., photographs or video recordings at our facilities) recordings.
|H. Professional or employment-related information.
|Current or past job history, experience or performance evaluations, and other career-related information when you apply for a job with us. Professional information you disclose to obtain certain services.
|I. Education Information.
|Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
|J. Inferences drawn from other personal information.
|Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
|K. Sensitive personal information
|Government identification cards such as a driver’s license, passport number or state identification card; precise geolocation data; and citizenship status, race, ethnicity, religion, or trade union membership.
|L. Personal information you submit
|We collect any information you provide when you contact us (such as by email, phone, fax, mail, or online) or post content on our Website.
II. The Sources of the Personal Information We Collect
We obtain the categories of personal information described above from the categories of sources described in Section 3.
III. How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
There are several business or commercial reasons why we collect personal information. We may collect the categories of personal information described above for the business and commercial purposes described in Section 2. We also use Sensitive Personal Information for qualifying individuals to be granted a franchise license.
IV. The Disclosures of Personal Information
V. How to Exercise Your California Rights
If you reside in California, you can make the following specific requests with respect to your personal information in accordance with applicable law:
Access/Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information we collected about you; the categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you; the categories of personal information we sold or disclosed; our business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling or sharing that personal information; the categories of third parties with whom we disclosed that personal information; and the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
Deletion Right. You have the right to request that we delete your personal information that we have about you, subject to certain exceptions.
Correction. You can request that we correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
Limit Use/Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. You can request that we limit the use or disclosure of your sensitive personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. You can request to opt-out of the sale or sharing of your personal information by clicking the Your Privacy Choices link on our Website. Note that if you make a request to opt out of sale or share and you would like to opt out of cookie-based tracking for behavioral advertising purposes, you will need to set your preferences by separately clicking the Cookie Settings link that may be in the footer of our Websites or broadcast an opt-out preference signal recognized by TBC Corporation, such as Global Privacy Control signal, on the browser or browser extensions that support such a signal. You can also visit www.aboutads.info/choices and https://optout.privacyrights.info to opt out of certain uses of cookies for advertising purposes. Your selections are specific to the device, website and browser you are using. Your selections are deleted whenever you clear your cookies or browser’s cache. We do not knowingly sell or share the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these California privacy rights.
B. Submitting Requests and Additional Information
California residents may submit a request by calling us at this toll-free telephone number: 1-866-292-0975, by clicking the Your Privacy Choices link on our Website or emailing us at email@example.com. We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to certain of your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us.
You may designate an agent to submit a consumer request on your behalf. However, you must provide the agent written permission authorizing the agent to submit the request on your behalf. The agent must also verify their identity with us directly before we will provide your information, unless prohibited by applicable law.
An authorized agent must provide the required proof, or we may deny the request. Additionally, the request must provide sufficient information that allows us reasonably to verify your or an authorized representative’s identity. It must also describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
From time to time, we may collect personal information in connection with a promotion, offer, program, or discount. The offers and incentives made available through them are generally related to the value of the relationships that we have with the individuals who participate. Participation is voluntary and you may withdraw at any time by emailing us using our contact information below.
8. Your Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, Utah, or Nevada Privacy Rights.
Confirmation/Access. You can request to confirm whether we process your personal data. Subject to certain exceptions, you can also request a copy of your personal data.
Deletion. You can request that we delete your personal data.
Correction. You can request that we correct inaccurate personal data we maintain about you.
Opt-Out of Targeted Advertising. We may use personal data obtained from or in connection with your activities across unaffiliated sites to send more relevant advertising to you. You can request that we stop using your personal data for such targeted advertising.
Opt-Out of Sale. You can request to opt-out of the “sale” (as defined in applicable state law) of your personal information to a third party.
To exercise your privacy rights, please submit a request by calling us at this toll-free telephone number: 1-866-292-0975, by clicking the Your Privacy Choices link on our Website or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to certain of your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us.
We may deny certain requests and will explain why your request was denied and how to appeal our decision, as required by applicable law. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your request, you may submit an appeal by sending an email to email@example.com with your state of residence and “ Appeal” in the subject line or by using the Web Form. For questions, you may also contact us by calling or emailing us at the contact information above.
Note that for purposes of these requests under this Section, personal information does not include information about job applicants, employees and other of our personnel; information about employees and other representatives of third-party entities we may interact with; or information we have collected as a service provider to our clients.
You may designate an agent to submit an Opt-out of Sale or Opt-out of Targeted Advertising request on your behalf. Proof to verify your identity and the authorized agent’s authority to submit requests on your behalf is required, or we may deny the request.
9. We use standard security measures.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Websites will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. This includes not sharing your passwords.
10. We store information in the United States.
Information we maintain will be stored in the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your information to the United States. This Website is intended for the U.S. only and is subject to U.S. laws, which may not afford the same level of protection as those in your country.
11. We may link to other sites or apps or have third party services on our platforms we don’t control.
12. Feel free to contact us if you have more questions.
Attn: Legal Privacy and Compliance Office
4300 TBC Way
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
CANADIAN CONSUMER PRIVACY STATEMENT
2. What personal Information does the Company collect and why?
The Company, through its network of franchised Midas Shops, collects personal information of its customers in the normal course of doing business. “Personal information” is any information that could be used to identify you and depending on the nature of your interaction with us, may include the following (“Personal Information”):
- Name, address, and telephone and facsimile numbers;
- E-mail address;
- Year, make, model, mileage, VIN and License Plate Number of your vehicle(s); and
- Parts and services provided to you at the Midas Shops and related dates of service.
If you choose to withhold Personal Information, you may not be able to avail yourself to certain services or programs offered by the Company or the Midas Shops.
The Company may use your Personal Information to provide you with products, services and information.
For example, the Company may:
- Provide you with reminders that your vehicle requires servicing;
- Administer and maintain the Midas warranty program and provide you with warranty coverage thereunder;
- Provide you with information and updates regarding products and services that the Midas Shops have to offer and which the Company and the Midas Shops think will interest you, including marketing and promotional information;
- Respond to your requests for information, services, and products; and
Improve the Company’s and the Midas Shops’ services and products to better understand and meet your automotive needs.
3. Does the Company Disclose Personal Information?
The Company does not sell your Personal Information to third parties. However, the Company may, on occasion, share some or all your Personal Information with third parties for the purposes set out above and for the improvement of the website. For example, Personal information may be shared:
- With other Midas Dealers or entities affiliated with the Company for the purposes of fulfilling warranty obligations and to administer marketing promotions; and
- With third parties that provide the Company with services, such as processing and marketing.
These third parties may be located in the United States. Therefore, your information may be processed and stored in the United States and, as a result, the United States government, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws of the United States.
We are committed to ensuring that the Personal Information we hold for each customer is accurate, up-to-date and complete. You have the right to access your Personal Information in our files and to update or remove that information as necessary, subject to any legal restrictions that would prohibit such action. To access your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer by telephone, e-mail or post at the numbers and address provided below. Please be sure to specify what information requires updating or removal. Corrections will be made at no cost. For other requests, a small fee may be charged to cover the associated costs. We will endeavor to keep these fees as reasonable as possible and will alert you to the charge and amount prior to executing your request. In these instances, you will be given the opportunity to withdraw your request.
6. Concerns About Your Privacy
You can also write to us or call at:
Attn: Legal Privacy and Compliance Office
4300 TBC Way
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
© 2024 TBC Corporation. All rights reserved.